First Call Energy Assessors is committed to making its online resources accessible to all visitors. We continually review our site and modify pages to remove accessibility problems for people with disabilities and to make information more accessible for all users. All of our content is checked for Plain English, and we aim to use a written style which is straight forward and understandable.
This website conforms to the UK government guidelines for websites. It also follows the Worldwide Web Consortiums (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, meeting all level double-A checkpoints. Please see the links in the footer to confirm this.
Our target is to meet or exceed the provisions of the WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) Conformance Level AA. For more details visit the W3C website.
We follow a list of accessibility guidelines when designing web sites and their content. This includes:
- Maintain a standard layout and navigation system throughout;
- Allow visitors to resize text;
- Use plain backgrounds to improve the readability of text;
- Use foreground and background colour combinations which have sufficient contrast and are not known to cause problems for sufferers of colour-blindness;
- Use alt attributes on all images and ensure that all alt title attributes are meaningful;
- Design layouts to work satisfactorily at a range of screen resolutions;
- Ensure all hyperlinks use descriptive and meaningful text, avoiding short-hand language like ‘Click here’;
- Provide access keys to allow keyboard navigation to the main areas of the site;
We are always trying to improve our web site. If you have any comments on our accessibility policy, or suggestions for how to improve the site please contact us using the details to the top right hand side of this page.